1 (edited by qhouweling 2024-03-03 11:12:23)

Topic: Setting up Totalmix FX to respond only to Midi channel one SOLVED

Totalmix responding on all midi channels via midi cc 102 - 117. Can I turn this off so that total
mix only repons to midichannel 1

Solved: Channel Layout does the trick, here you can set up for each channel to wich controller the channel reponds.

Re: Setting up Totalmix FX to respond only to Midi channel one SOLVED

There is no such control in TM FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by qhouweling 2024-03-03 00:05:30)

What I really want to say is that I love RME very much. it is the one and only company (and products) that has always delivered me over the past decades, rock solid and never let me down. To this day I wonder (especially given the long history) why others fail to at least match you in this performance... so well done an thank you very much. Having said that, a little RME attention on the midi side would be quite appropriate

Regarding my  question, more specific, just to be shure; Is it possible to setup TM FX so that TM FX only responds to cc7 on chn 1 and note numbers on chn 1(for mixer presets), and to ignore all other midi information on the used midi port?

I don't think so. But you could try with Settings - MIDI - Mackie Control Options - uncheck 'Enable Protocol support'. That removes several standard MIDI notes from processing.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

unchecking to protocol does not work. I found an other solution. In channel layout you cab specfy per channel to wich controller setup (1-4) the cahnnel wil respond. I uncheked al the channels here and that worked. Only channle one responds to cc7 and midi notes. All the other channels don't respond any more to incomming midi messages.

I have to mention that this is a specific workaround which not correlates to the questions in post 1 and 3 as solution.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME