Topic: Digiface USB on Windows 11 - troublesome installation

Hello,

my Digiface USB is working perfectly on my Mac, but installation on my Windows machine is troublesome.
Here is my setup: Thinkpad T14, Windows 11 Pro, 23H1 build 22631.3155, RME driver_madiface_win_09833.

Installation of the driver is successful (also confirmed in C:\Windows\DPINST) but
- after selecting the ASIO driver in Ableton there is no sound
- plugging the Digiface does not bring up the RME applications (TotalMix FX and the MADIFACE Settings).

I can start those manually from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\madiface_usb.inf_amd64_xxxx) after which sound is passed through as expected. In the system tray I have a device icon, where I can remove/eject the Digiface USB (showing there), but strangely I cannot see it in the Device Manager.

So I'm thinking that the installation is not right - something is missing or malfunctioning.
Re-installing (even after uninstalling the two RME packages from add/remove programs) does not change anything.

I'd like to get it to work as properly and smoothly as it does on my Mac where it's really plug and play, and also have the certainty that the installation is stable as is not going to act up in most critical moments.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: Digiface USB on Windows 11 - troublesome installation

Please check if the driver and TotalMix FX are enabled in the TaskManager as auto start programm.

You can activate the WDM channels in the driver settings.

Regards,
Audio AG Support

3 (edited by Kubrak 2024-03-05 15:26:42)

Concerning make it run. If I remember well I had problems to make it run under Windows 10. Maybe I did something wrong, or whatever has happened.... Uninstalling and reinstalling several times did not help. I am not sure what exactly has helped, it has been year ago or so...  I think that I had to delete the driver and/or TotalMix manually.

Since then everything works as charm.

Cold reboot after first installation ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

No, I have rebooted several times and things did not work. I do not blame RME, or complain. Things like that happen, here and there....

I have many RME interfaces and everything works great. I am happy user. Just the start was, because of unknown reason, troublesome. No big deal, I made it work with some effort...

6 (edited by gabriel.seher 2024-03-06 17:13:59)

Audio AG Support wrote:

Please check if the driver and TotalMix FX are enabled in the TaskManager as auto start programm.

You can activate the WDM channels in the driver settings.

Big Thank you to all of you for the fast responses.
This (see above) seems to have fixed it for me. After a few plugs and unplugs and reboots things appear stable now and working as expected (NB: this could be a hint that the installer has failed at making this setting automatically, for whatever reason).

Thanks again!