Topic: Talkback and DAW Playout Suggestions for 12Mic

I just upgraded to a 12Mic to work alongside my trusty UFXII. I mostly record classical music on location, and while I wanted to get away from messing with multicore-cables, I am not fully convinced (or they're not available anymore) of the available AVB or MADI options.

For my next recording, I plan to run a multicore cable to the hall (not too far fortunately), while using the outputs from my UFXII for a talkback box and a DAW play-out through a stereo headphone amp.

My question now: In case I make the jump to a MADI or an AVB interface, what would be the best way to integrate those three outputs for talkback and DAW play-out since the 12Mic has only one stereo output?

Re: Talkback and DAW Playout Suggestions for 12Mic

The 12Mic has three Adat outputs, I would use a Behringer Ada8200, gives you 8 XLR outputs and it is the same size to fix into a rack-box.
Unfortunately the Madiface USB has no headphone socket, You have to look out for a MadifacePro or a UFX lll
The Madi connection to the stage is the real deal.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: Talkback and DAW Playout Suggestions for 12Mic

waedi wrote:

The 12Mic has three Adat outputs, I would use a Behringer Ada8200, gives you 8 XLR outputs and it is the same size to fix into a rack-box.
Unfortunately the Madiface USB has no headphone socket, You have to look out for a MadifacePro or a UFX lll
The Madi connection to the stage is the real deal.

Thank you, that's super helpful. I forgot that the 12Mic can do internal routing and conversion, that's exactly what I would need. And I have a working Focusrite Octopre LE around which can convert ADAT to analogue.

So if have a UFXIII (which is getting more likely now) for example, i'd have the following steps:

Talkback and Playout via MADI to 12Mic -> 12Mic routes those MADI streams to the ADAT out -> Focusrite recieves ADAT and converts those to analogue line outs.