1 (edited by lukas108 2024-03-16 11:05:24)

Topic: WASAPI - issue with RME UFX on exclusive mode

HI

I'been testing WASAPI API in Reaper on my RME UFX 1st gen. The only mode that is working with no glitch is shared mode. It would not be a issue, if there would not be high buffer/latency. Exclusive mode does not work properly even on 1024 buffer.
I noticed that on my Mackie Bigknob driver it works perfect even with 64 buffer.
sample: https://youtu.be/H2H2mcjgopU

Have you ever met this issue? How to solve it?
Thanks for help

Re: WASAPI - issue with RME UFX on exclusive mode

Shared mode works here with Reaper and 64 samples buffer, thus very low latency. But we recommend to use ASIO instead. WASAPI Exclusive mode is not the right approach of using a 30 channel I/O interface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by lukas108 2024-03-17 18:12:16)

Re: WASAPI - issue with RME UFX on exclusive mode

MC wrote:

Shared mode works here with Reaper and 64 samples buffer, thus very low latency. But we recommend to use ASIO instead. WASAPI Exclusive mode is not the right approach of using a 30 channel I/O interface.

Thanks for reply.  Do you know where I can change base buffer for shared mode? In Reaper I see the value that I have set, but latency is still high - 512 or higher I suppose. Is there any other place (maybe in system settings) that the buffer can be changed?  Audio interface is set 128 buffer. Hmm.