1 (edited by BROAR 2024-03-16 15:46:59)

Topic: UFX + Midi IN 1 working / Not MIDI IN 2

Hello,

My UFX+ can receive MIDI on the MIDI 1 port (front panel), but not on the second one (back panel).
I'm looking for a software issue but can't see any option in Totalmix FX.

If someone has any idea, you're welcome.

Thank you

Re: UFX + Midi IN 1 working / Not MIDI IN 2

First step analysis is included on the front panel. MIDI In 1 LED lights up? Software issue in the app that you want MIDI to receive. MIDI In 1 LED dead? Use the same cable that you plugged in MIDI In 2. If that doesn't work - internal hardware issue.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for answering.
For some context in rarely use UFX+ midi ports so I wasn't sure about software side for a while. Now I can monitor midi before and after UFX+ so I'm confident about non-RME software side. Maybe I missed something in Totalmix FX or Tunderbolt settings, but I don't think so.
The LED are working for port 2, and I think I saw the LED port 1 flashing for a while. And yes I use the same cable plugged in properly.
I didn't update it for a while, maybe I'll do that.

So I did so more tests, the LED 1 is flashing briefly after being plugged, then nothing.

Sometimes MDI I/Os are not 100% compatible in hardware. It might be that MIDI In 1 does work with a different MIDI device. If so then connect the current one just where it works - In 2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

BROAR, can you give us informations about your MIDI devices. What hardware and software is involved? What are you doing with it (playing software instruments? Controlling a DAW?). As MC also wrote, MIDI can be tricky sometimes. I have an old digital piano which doesn’t work with some receiving devices. As it seems, its MIDI out has a weak signal. In most cases it works anyway.
Also on computer side there could be an issue. Are you using macOS or Windows?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2