Topic: Feature request: disable volume knob acceleration

I'm really loving my RME ADI so far! One thing on my wishlist is to be able to disable the feature where if I turn the volume knob on the device too fast, the volume jumps by 3dB. Most of the time, I just want a small volume adjustment and since I'm familiar with the volume knob, I can quickly turn it two notches but I keep forgetting that there's an acceleration feature. It would be great to have every turn of the volume knob adjust the volume by 0.5 dB as usual with no accounting for the acceleration.

Re: Feature request: disable volume knob acceleration

You can try setting the Encoder Filter value in Options/Display to max (5). Maybe that helps.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you, I will try this out.

I looked through the manual for the Pro SE 2/4 v1.3 and the Encoder Filter section states the following:

Encoder Filter
Default 1, 1 to 5. Jumping or backward running encoders can in most cases be used normally
again with the setting 3.

After reading this, I'm not sure what this setting really does. I'd be interested in learning more about what each of the five settings do and how they are different. I am hoping for a manual update that goes into more detail if possible.

Thanks for the help!

4 (edited by KaiS 2024-03-28 00:41:10)

audioenthusiast wrote:

Encoder Filter …
… Default 1, 1 to 5. Jumping or backward running encoders can in most cases be used normally again with the setting 3.

After reading this, I'm not sure what this setting really does. I'd be interested in learning more about what each of the five settings do and how they are different. I am hoping for a manual update that goes into more detail if possible.

The filters fix somewhat worn out encoders that behave jumpy, arbitrary.
The higher the filter value the stronger the fix, highest values might cause a little lag when turning the encoders.

That’s all.