Topic: Durec as a player for “external” files?

I have a tricky problem to solve: I would love to just take my UCXII on the road and use it as a player for high resolution files - I need to demo / audition them with external gear.

So is there a “reverse“ way to put stereo wav. files (up to 192/24) on a USB drive and play them on the RME?
I would rather not use the double conversion and time consuming way of re-recording them to the UCXII.

If that is not possible, I might be able to attach an Apple iPad Pro - Can you give me a suggestion, on what player software to use and how to store the files on the iPad to get a transparent and Bit-exact playback of either wav or flac files?

Thanks!

Re: Durec as a player for “external” files?

dvdr wrote:

I have a tricky problem to solve

Not tricky at all.

dvdr wrote:

So is there a “reverse“ way to put stereo wav. files (up to 192/24) on a USB drive and play them on the RME?

There is no reverse way because it is not needed. Copy them from your computer to the drive, then play them on the UCX II. All explained in the manual, chapter 38.3.

Note that you have to set the right sample rate manually. Using an iPad with a player like Neutron would solve that, bit exact playback with automatic sample rate changing.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by dvdr 2024-03-22 08:23:03)

Thank you!
Downloaded Neutron to my iPhone, set it up and used the Apple camera adapter to connect to UCXII in CC mode.
Although I choose “Quellfrequenz beibehalten” (Samplerate choice was limited to “standard”) in Neutron’s device setup options, the UCXII stayed at 44.1kHz, when playing back HiRes files up to 192/24. Neutron did always seem to resample to 44.1 rather than “send” the original samplerate to the UCXII.
What am I missing?

Some setting. Neutron has a lot...too many...check them all. SRC might be on. Neutron supports everything, up to 768 kHz and DSD.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME