Topic: [Solved] ADI-2 Series Remote for iPad not connecting

Tried searching and couldn’t find an answer.

I’ve downloaded the Remote for iPad app.

How do I connect the iPad to the ADI-2 DAC FS to use the app?

I tried using a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and connected the USB from the DAC to the adapter but it didn’t work.

Re: [Solved] ADI-2 Series Remote for iPad not connecting

The DAC needs to be updated to the latest firmware version, for compatibility. Connect to a Mac or Windows system and run the RME Flash Update Tool for the unit. You can get that app on the Drivers tab from the product page.

https://rme-audio.de/adi-2-dac.html

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

The DAC needs to be updated to the latest firmware version, for compatibility. Connect to a Mac or Windows system and run the RME Flash Update Tool for the unit. You can get that app on the Drivers tab from the product page.

https://rme-audio.de/adi-2-dac.html

Thanks, I did update the firmware, that was one of the first things I did. How does the iPad see/connect to the DAC after the f/w update?

Audio - automatically. Remote - via internal MIDI. Check that MIDI Control under SETUP - Options - Remap Keys / Diag is set to ON:

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The answer to your question is: the device needs to be connected via USB to the iPad, as described in the app notes in the App Store.

He said he tried that in his first post.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Audio - automatically. Remote - via internal MIDI. Check that MIDI Control under SETUP - Options - Remap Keys / Diag is set to ON:

Thank you, I did not have it set to ON.

I'm now able to connect via my iPad (VERY NICE!).

I appreciate the help.