Topic: ADI-2 MIDI protocol - Best way to control volume?

Hi all,

First thank you so much for the remote and the MIDI protocol, I feel like I got a new device, this makes the setup so much easier and immediate!
I use my ADI-2 Pro connected to either my analog hardware (synths etc. through an analog mixer, to XLR in) or digital stuff from either USB or the digital in, to output to either my headphones or monitors. It works perfectly, accurately, transparently and all the time, I forget it and focus on the music. I can't praise that piece of hardware high enough.
As to switch configs and pilot remotely, when I am at the computer I use the remote but for ease of use I like binding hotkeys to controls. It would be amazing if the remote offered that in future versions, the ability to bind system-wide hotkeys to actions like toggling config or output, or volume control.
That is what I am doing right now to toggle headphones / monitors for instance, on Windows using a hotkey mapping program (AutoHotKey, calling bat files doing ReceiveMIDI/SendMIDI commands). Works ok but if I can get some time I'll write an utility to do that in a neater way.

That brings me to my question: to control the volume of the active output in increments (say increase or decrease by 1dB through a keystroke in my use case), is there a better way than just getting the full setup dump (command 03 09) then sending a volume set (02 xx 12 yy) based on the active output channel and current volume? IE is there a non documented command to increase / decrease the active output channel(s) volume like the knob on the device or the physical remote does?

As for the MIDI doc itself, are there any neat functions that are not yet in the MIDI doc that we can start using, like the command 63 to toggle phones / line?

Vielen Dank!
- Bruno