Topic: RME AIO extension cables and clocking with Mytek stereo 192 adc

Greetings from Helsinki. I am building a new workstation and I am planning to purchase RME AIO pro.
I have RME AIO (first generation) in my old workstation with analog and digital extension cables.

Are these cables compatible with RME AIO pro?

I also have Mytek stereo 192 adc which I had as a masterclock in my old system.
Do you think that is still beneficial  to use Mytek as a master with AIO pro also?

Many many thanks in advance.

Re: RME AIO extension cables and clocking with Mytek stereo 192 adc

Yes breakout cables are the same and no, there is no benefit of using the Mytek as clock-master.
AIO use Steady-clock-technology wich makes it immune to any clock.
It will work perfectly fine with the Mytek, clock-master or clock-slave, no difference to the audio signal.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank Waedi.

What about using Mytek stereo 192 ad converters?
In my old system I am connecting my stereo analog preamps to Mytek and send those to AIO using AES. Mytek acting as a master.
From AIO I send the signal out to Dangerous Source where my monitors are connected using AES. This has serve me well in the past.

I guess I am trying to decide if I should use or not to use Mytek,s ad or is the conversion quality in AIO pro so good that it is really splitting hairs.

Many thanks in advance.

Your Mytek Stereo 192 doesn't have FS clock (the later Brooklyn DAC would have).
So the AIO Pro's FS clock can be regarded as superior.

SteadyClock FS can eliminate clock jitter to a high degree, which also makes RME devices a perfect clock slave.
It would be possible, to use the Mytek as clock master, but why, if the AIO Pro has the better FS clock…

For more information about SteadyClock FS, see this interesting video:
EN: https://rme-audio.de/steadyclock-fs.html
DE: https://rme-audio.de/de_steadyclock-fs.html

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13