Topic: FIREFACE 800 ISSUES (probably internal PSU)

Hello everyone

I am writing to this forum because I have encountered a problem with my Fireface800, which I have owned since 2005. Until today, I have never had any technical problems and I have used it professionally in the studio extensively. Yesterday, the LEDs suddenly started flashing and after a few moments I heard an internal "pop" (like an exploded capacitor). I have seen that this card can have problems after a few years with the internal power supply module.

Since it is now out of warranty, how is it possible to repair it? The shipping time to Germany is very long (almost five weeks) and very expensive. Would it be possible to buy a new power supply module? If anyone has any useful information, I would be very grateful.

Thanks everyone

Cris

2 (edited by ramses 2024-03-30 18:50:39)

Re: FIREFACE 800 ISSUES (probably internal PSU)

In which country do you live? On the RME website, you find contacts for service in your country.
If it were certain that it is only the PSU, then you could also try to get a replacement PSU and ask a local electronic repair shop. Some HIFI repair shops also offer repair for studio devices.

Replacement PSU, e.g., here:
https://www.rme-shop.com/acatalog/RME-NTRME4_PSU.html

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13