Topic: Fireface UCX and USB C cable or adapter help?

Fireface UCX where do you buy the right cable for usb c I don't want to lose performance between the sound card and the usb port in the computer or is it enough with an adapter I'm hoping for help the card is old and the cable that came with it doesn't fit usb c.

Image adapter does this work 100% or do i need cable.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QW0dy1 … sp=sharing

Re: Fireface UCX and USB C cable or adapter help?

Never used such an adapter but it should do. Stick to USB2 max cable length of 5m.

If you installed the RME driver you can check whether you get USB transport errors over USB (CRC errors) or not.

If there are no USB transport errors, then the connection is fine and you should be able to hear lossless audio.
Then the Bit test (using RME's test files in WAV format) will succeed if there are no other issues (like e.g. volume not at 100% at the music player).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I would recomend very short extension cable that has the same plugs like your adapter. As being flexible, it does not impose so much force on USB C port on computer. The adapter should work, but I would be affraid that sooner or later USB C port would be damaged by mechanical forces. But for short time and testing purposes you may try it.

I use such a cable on computer with just USB C socket.

Most probably you could get cable that has USB C and fits to UCX on other side. It would be the best solution.

ramses wrote:

Never used such an adapter but it should do. Stick to USB2 max cable length of 5m.

If you installed the RME driver you can check whether you get USB transport errors over USB (CRC errors) or not.

If there are no USB transport errors, then the connection is fine and you should be able to hear lossless audio.
Then the Bit test (using RME's test files in WAV format) will succeed if there are no other issues (like e.g. volume not at 100% at the music player).

How to check USB transport errors over USB (CRC errors)?

I'm running on my old computer USB 2 works perfectly with the included cable that comes with it. Now on the new computer I want to run in USB C.

In UCX driver.

6 (edited by Morre 2024-03-31 15:41:17)

Kubrak wrote:

In UCX driver.

Ok can this cabel work https://www.hifiklubben.se/audioquest-f … amp;gclid= is it the same cabel to the the new UCX 2 as the old UCX ?

7 (edited by ramses 2024-03-31 15:54:09)

It's absolutely not required to spend so much money on a USB 2 cable.
Any cable, even the cheapest (!), would do.
Of course, you shouldn't buy too cheap to not get bad plugs, soldering etc.

Usually, an USB2 cable cost around €10 and USB3 around €20, not much more.

Lindy offers a good quality at a good price.

If you want to spend the money for optical / style reasons, go ahead, it's your money, but it is really not needed.

https://www.prolighting.de/zubehoer/kab … ecker.html

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13