Topic: does installing a new os remove the kernel driver..?

hi,

i'm still on macos monterey and plan to upgrade to sonoma...does anyone know if the update process will remove the kernel driver that i have installed now and reset macos' security setting?
updating monterey from one point update to another didn't change anything at all in this regard but maybe a new os will...?

thanks in advance for your input!
markus

Re: does installing a new os remove the kernel driver..?

No it won't.
In my case I did upgrade thru several OS and all was fine and the interface keeps working.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

...thank you very much for your feedback!

Hi Markus,

Upgrading your macOS version should not automatically remove any kernel drivers that you have installed. However, it's always a good idea to back up your system before performing any major updates, just to be safe.

As for resetting macOS security settings, it's unlikely that the upgrade process itself will reset any security settings you have configured. However, some updates may introduce changes to security features, so it's a good idea to review your security settings after the upgrade to ensure everything is still configured as you'd like.

Overall, upgrading from macOS Monterey to Sonoma should be a smooth process, but it's always wise to be cautious and prepared.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
hill climb racing