Topic: How do you know when updates are available for your RME device?

Hi! New RME user since about a year ago.

Even though the software for my RME UCX II and RME ADI-2 DAC FS are pretty solid, I have several times missed software updates which have brought new features (and perhaps fixed som minor glitches) I was unaware of and would liked to have earlier.
How do you guys keep in the loop of updates to the driver, TotalMix, ADI-2 Remote, Firmware for USB & DSP, etc.? I think all other audio interfaces I have tried pops up a notification or at least has a subtle message when you open the software that there is a software update available, and I direct link to a download page for that specific software.

I have seen forum posts about new updates, but feels a bit cumbersome to use a forum to get this kind of information.

Re: How do you know when updates are available for your RME device?

Owners of dedicated audio computer mostly avoid every online traffic.
The first question would be, how to switch off auto-update function ?
You have to visit the product page and look the driver download section.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I used to watch out all the time but these days I look about twice a year unless I have a problem. I do however frequent the forum regularly as I the Cubase forum which I also use. That way you get to know what’s going on.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

4 (edited by ramses 2024-04-04 04:33:13)

There is information on the Main Web page about updated driver and firmware.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

It seems like finding updates requires either a tedious manual search or, in many cases, it's just overlooked.

Take this example: when visiting https://rme-audio.de, under the "Latest Driver Updates" section, you'll find an entry for "03/27/2024 Mac OS Flash Update Tool for Fireface UFX, 802, UCX, UCX II, UC, Babyface/Pro" with a download link at https://rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_usb_mac.zip. However, there's no version information provided. This means if you can't recall your last update, you're left with no choice but to download, install, and run the tool to check for any new updates.

This is just one example of the cumbersome process surrounding RME software updates.

It would significantly improve the user experience if there was an option to subscribe to release notes via email, tailored to the specific RME hardware you own.