Topic: Minimal signal from 500 pre to UCX II rear 1/4" balanced input?

I just got a 500 series rack with some pre's and I'm trying to connect them to my UCX II. I'm getting a bar signal in TotalMix but it's inaudible at -60db even when I have the gain on the pre all the way up and gain in totalmix on the channel all the way up to 24.0. I've tried a SM58 and a LDC with phantom power on and neither give any audible signal.

My signal chain is: Mic -> XLR Input 500 chassis -> Output XLR to TRS cable -> UCX II rear 1/4" balanced input channel 5.

I'm getting a signal on Channel 5 in TotalMix and in Studio One but it barely moves the bar and is inaudible.

What am I doing wrong here? Do I need some kind of line booster or is it some setting wrong in Totalmix? Any and all help is appreciated.

2 (edited by waedi 2024-04-05 20:48:36)

Re: Minimal signal from 500 pre to UCX II rear 1/4" balanced input?

Have you same results on the inputs 6 7 8 ?
May you try the XLR input 1 with an XLR cable and with the gain fully closed in Totalmix, sorting out your TRS cable.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I got signal now. I don't think the issue is with Totalmix but with my 500 chassis channel linking function. I was running the pre into a compressor from spot 1 -> 2, but when I just do in/out on the pre in spot 1 in my box, everything works fine. When I flip the switch to link channels and connect the output of channel 2, I get nothing... has to be the chassis.

Makes sense.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue