Topic: Zoom sessions not working bit rate other than 96K. UFX+, MBP M1.

My Zoom setting is done with mic via 48v, loopback from AN 1/2 out on UFX+.  When I set bitrate to 48k or 44.1K, zoom shows error message saying that the speaker does not work.  Unless I change the bitrate to 96K, it does not start video or audio sessions.  When bitrate is 96K, zoom works well.  My DAW, notation software is set as 48K, so, I need to solve this problem to share daw sessions via zoom for music classes.

My clock is set to internal.  I tested with original sound for musicians, high-fidelity and echo cancellation, etc with no avail.  I use Ferrofish Pulse 16 via MADI also that is set at 48K.

Any idea why this happens?

Re: Zoom sessions not working bit rate other than 96K. UFX+, MBP M1.

A screenshot of the Madiface Settings Dialog would be helpful.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Yep. How many WDM devices active? WDM sample rate is 48 kHz?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I don't know what WDM is.  I don't see that option on my RME Thunderbolt settings.  I am attaching picture of total mix and RME thunderbolt settings, and also Ferrofish settings and zoom error message.  I use Mac OS 14.4.1.  My main speaker output are through AES to GENELEC 2 channels.  I don't think GENELEC has any bitrate setup by itself.  I use AN 1/2 output only as loopback only zoom conferences.  I see MADI 96KHz frame on and off option in Ferrofish, tried both, it does not affect.  Zoom still crashing.

[img]Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 9.54.31AM[/img]

[img]Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 10.02.33AM[/img]

[img]Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 10.04.34AM[/img]

How do I attach images here?  I tried to drag and drop in this box and in between .  It did not work.

WDM is only applicable for windows, but as you didn't tell your OS it was just a guess.

How to attach images? Place image to cloud and link here using URL or IMG tags, see here:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … rum-EN-DE/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Are you changing sample rate in Audio/MIDI manager?

I found that in Audio Midi setting Zoom was setup at 96K.  I changed it to 48K, but still same error message happens.  Rebooted couple of times with no difference. 

https://bywoundcareinternalmedicine.box.com/s/9t6marouex4rao5jeop1yzl94cjnfqdg

https://bywoundcareinternalmedicine.box.com/s/x6p3qb74kpyt5kg23uxqfepqas7rac0e

https://bywoundcareinternalmedicine.box.com/s/yvakznfhnd2p9t2qvz968ri9160jp6l1

We have user feedback that using the USB Kernel Extension driver solves that issue. If the same can be said for Thunderbolt is unknown. Note that this is most likely a known limitation of Zoom, not being able to handle an audio interface with so many channels. This software is designed for headsets...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I used to use Kernel Extension driver, then changed it to Driver Kit driver last summer when I started using Dorico Pro.  Dorico caused audio engine problem with Kernel Extension Driver that time.  I will try to use recent version of Kernel Extension Driver, and will let you know the results.  I remember that I did not have bit rate issue that time using Ableton with Zoom at 48 kHz.  I will update after trying Kernel driver.  Thank you.

I updated the driver to Kernel Extension Driver.  Now Zoom issue is solved finally.  Please in future driver update, fix this issue with driver kit driver.  Thank you.