Topic: help... getting input signal only on unit 1 of 2

Help.. user of RME, Multiface for 14 years. Recently urchased Fireface 802 fs. I appear to have correct routing on first unit but no signal on the second until. Have checked all cables. Everything was working until new computer. I'm not a geek, just a senior singer songwriter who appreciates great equipment. Sure could use some help.....

2 (edited by waedi 2024-04-07 21:54:12)

Re: help... getting input signal only on unit 1 of 2

Have you disconnected the Multiface ?
The 802 is connected to the computer with a USB cable directly without any hub ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Adat    on USB 2

cletrex98 wrote:

Adat    on USB 2

Adat ? What does that mean ?

5 (edited by cletrex98 2024-04-08 01:57:16)

Yes, removed the multiface  sound cards. The two units are connected together in to out via adat and USB cables to to the computer are directly connected.(NO hub) I am inclined to think it has to be in the routing. Fireface settings are the same on both except clock source, one internal and the other word. Jeff had set me up just prior to new computer. It worked beautifully. I tried to set things back up identically but have the issues on the second unit, The first unit seems to be fine. I watched tons of videos but not much info on linked units or at least to my understanding.

You have to load the correct routing into the correct unit. You must have saved a Workspace where all this is included when working before.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by cletrex98 2024-04-08 14:37:41)

Did you even read my post?? Geez.....If I didn't need help I wouldn't ask. I have been a loyal customer for a number of years. I suppose that doesn't mean anything.

Yes, I read a very unclear and confusing first post that leaves out all the details to know what exactly is going on. Still tried to help. To solve this it might be more efficient to explain what was wrong with my answer than to rumble over it. IMHO.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry, I was trying avoid writing a book.  I finally found the issue. The drivers evidently didn't show up in the second so I reinstalled.  I still can't get any signal showing up in 9-10-11-12. Thanx

10 (edited by waedi 2024-04-09 19:12:44)

cletrex98 wrote:

Sorry, I was trying avoid writing a book.  I finally found the issue. The drivers evidently didn't show up in the second so I reinstalled.  I still can't get any signal showing up in 9-10-11-12. Thanx

Channels 9 to 12 in Totalmix ? Or in a DAW ? What is connected to those inputs ? These inputs are on the FF802 ?
Sorry for asking these questions, but it is unclear what you try to do.

Indeed the problem is still unclear. How are the devices connected to each other and what exactly doesn't work as expected? Are you using two 802? Or what is that second unit here?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME