Topic: RME Babyface pro FS !!!problem Driver!!!

Dear
Support Team,

I
am reaching out for assistance with an issue concerning my RME Babyface Pro FS audio interface on my newly acquired computer. Despite using the same version of Windows 10 Pro as my previous machine, I am encountering driver compatibility problems.

On
my old computer, the driver (version 1249) operated flawlessly. However, on my new computer, this driver is not recognized by Windows as a valid device driver, although it is identified as an ASIO driver in my digital audio workstation (DAW). Consequently,
I am unable to use the RME interface for general audio outputs, such as listening to multimedia through YouTube, Spotify, or other Windows players, without routing them through the DAW.

In
an attempt to resolve this, I installed an older driver (version 1246) designed for Windows 7. This has stabilized the system to some extent, allowing general audio functionalities, but it is not an ideal solution.

For
your reference, here is the configuration of my new computer:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 UD
CPU: Intel i5 13600K
RAM: Kingston 32 GB DDR5, 6000 MHz
Graphics Card: Asus GTX 1050 Ti
Power Supply: Asus ROG Strix Gold 650

Could
you please advise on whether this issue is related to the compatibility of Windows 10 Pro with the latest driver or if there could be another underlying problem? Additionally, on my previous setup, I experienced a temporary loss of effects, which was resolved
by reinstalling the drivers. Could a similar approach benefit the current situation, or should a different strategy be employed?

Thank
you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your guidance on how to resolve these driver issues effectively.

Best
Regards,

Slavko Risteski

ProSound Production Studio

Re: RME Babyface pro FS !!!problem Driver!!!

Just activate at least one WDM device in the Fireface settings. See page 16 and 17 of the manual.

Regards,
Audio AG Support