Topic: PC Cant find babyface pro but FL Studio can??

So I got this Problem that My PC cant find the Babyface Pro FS as output but when I try on FL Studio it works with out problems, am I mssing something here? I just switched to WIN11 recently maybe I am overlooking something?
https://i.gyazo.com/07b646dad5399a44c0b64e011aaf317c.png

https://i.gyazo.com/1c4a20d9ea4d24afb478c17901b75af9.png

Re: PC Cant find babyface pro but FL Studio can??

Open the RME Fireface settings and set WDM devices to something different than zero.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

oli77sch wrote:

Open the RME Fireface settings and set WDM devices to something different than zero.

THX worked for me. Could you explain what it is ?

4 (edited by waedi 2024-04-14 20:05:23)

A WDM device is a stereo-channel provided to the Windows system for access to the audio interface.
The ASIO4all on your computer is now obsolete and you better delete it.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

A WDM device is a stereo-channel provided to the Windows system for access to the audio interface.

It is a laptop tho so sometimes im using it with out the babyface so I better keep it I think?

6 (edited by waedi 2024-04-14 23:13:03)

Ah ok, you then understand not to mix ASIO-interface with ASIO4all unless you really want that and know what you're doing.
Keep in mind to disable it whenever an issue appears.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

7 (edited by ramses 2024-04-15 07:42:28)

prodblessa wrote:
waedi wrote:

It is a laptop tho so sometimes im using it with out the babyface so I better keep it I think?

Well, these are the basics ….

The ASIO driver is for direct access to the recording interface, completely bypassing the Windows sound subsystems.
The guarantees best stability, lowest latencies and lossless transport of audio.

The Windows sound subsystem is known to alter the sound and is not always working bit perfect. There are Windows drivers working bit perfect, but this is another story.

Windows and many applications like Firefox browser do not support the ASIO driver standard (which was developed by Steinberg a long time ago). They need a Windows compatible WDM driver.

For this purpose, you have to configure WDM devices in the RME driver settings. They are created dynamically.
Once you enable them, you see them appearing in the Windows Sound settings.

If I remember right for the Babyface Pro you can only enable WDM at once. For other recording interfaces (maybe also driver) this is different, there you can select WDM driver per I/O ports. If it is the latter it is recommended to enable them only for the I/O ports where Windows needs access to like e.g. ports to active monitors and headphones.

In the Windows sound settings you will see the icons of these dynamically created WDM drivers. With a right mouse click to the icon you can set either active monitors or headphones to the default Windows sound device.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13