Topic: Fireface 802: anti-aliasing?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if the Fireface 802 has any aliasing filtering system. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I couldn't find any information about it at the moment.
Thank you.

Re: Fireface 802: anti-aliasing?

There was already a discussion on that topic for UFX III.
This is only in scope for the reference converters like ADI-2 DAC/PRO, ADI-2/4 Pro SE, confirmed by MC, search forum.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hu, thanks for your reply. Not so good to hear that.

lordadb wrote:

Hu, thanks for your reply. Not so good to hear that.

Why? There is an aliasing filter. But in case there are multiple D/A filter supported, they are not switchable.
Then the aliasing filter is being used, which produces the most linear frequency response.
This makes sense for recording interfaces and converters because at single speed, the treble roll off for some filters is within/below 20 kHz in the audible range. For typical studio use (recording, mixing) you surely do not want to have a treble roll off in the audible range.

Switchable D/A filter is more a feature for listening / monitoring, why this feature exists in the ADI-2 DAC/Pro and ADI-2/4 Pro series of reference converters.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ok, thanks, I completely misunderstood the answer.

The question itself makes no sense as AD converters are not built without aliasing filters. And the DAC does not use an antialiasing but a reconstruction filter (nitpicking on the term, I know).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Good to know, I'm trying to get deep to the aliasing topic and therefore also how converters are designed. I'm trying to understand how to avoid artifacts as much as possible because I work a lot in a hybrid system and use a lot of hardware (eq, comp, saturator, etc.). Thanks for the clarifications.