Topic: Protools not receiving ADAT channels

I recently was forced to update my set as my 2014 imac, protools 8 and moto828x were no longer compatible with any new OS I needed so I can work from home. It has been/still is a painful and expensive experience. I am hoping I have just missed a setting but I have been trouble shooting for the last 4 weeks with no luck.

My Issue - I can hear all ADAT channels in Total Mix FX but only ADAT 1 & 2 (Mono microphone inputs) on the Tascam register in Protools when selecting the corresponding inputs. No other ADAT channels seem to make it to Protools even though I can select them. The Tascam is connected by optical through the Optical A out on the Tascam to the ADAT 1 input of the UFXII.

My Gear
Fireface UFXII
TASCAM Series 8p Dyna
Protools Artist
Mac Studio Ventura - M2 Max

So far I have tried sample rates, clock sources, new cables, Protools IO set up and fresh installs. I have watched countless videos, read through manuals but still no success. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

2 (edited by waedi 2024-04-15 12:36:28)

Re: Protools not receiving ADAT channels

What sample rate do you use on the Tascam ?
Try with 44.1kHz or 48 kHz.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Download Digicheck NG and see if the missing channel signals are available there.

PT Artist is limited to 32 channels, so it should work, unless an Aggregate Device steals some fo them.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, I have tried all variation of the sample rates to no avail.

They are all registering in the ADAT hardware mixer and I can hear all the ADAT inputs through the monitors, it just doesn't make it to Protools. The mono ADAT 1 & 2 channels do and appear in the software input mixer but the other channels don't which I think is where the problem is.

I will try the Digicheck NG tonight and give that a go. Thank you both your your responses, greatly appreciated.