Topic: Aio Pro not recognized by mobo

Bought a b-stock aio pro from thomann, switched an fully working esi pcie card in the same pcie slot gen 3 x1. Mobo doesn't recognize the card in any pcie slots.

Anyone got this stuff to  work on a newer am5 system, i have a msi b650 mobo.

2 (edited by ramses 2024-04-17 08:57:10)

Re: Aio Pro not recognized by mobo

Geizhals.de shows 13 variants of B650/B650E mainboard. Which one is it exactly?

BTW, which version of Windows do you have?

> Mobo doesn't recognize the card in any pcie slots.

What do you mean by doesn't recognize?
Do you see the card in Windows device manager?

Are you sure that the card is properly seated in the PCIe slots?

Did you install the RME ASIO driver? As of today: https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_hdsp_win_447.zip

Does the fut tools discover the card after installation of the ASIO driver and a reboot?
https://rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_wdm_dspe.zip

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Geizhals.de shows 13 variants of B650/B650E mainboard. Which one is it exactly?

BTW, on which version of Windows?

> Mobo doesn't recognize the card in any pcie slots.

What do you mean by doesn't recognize?
Do you see the card in Windows device manager?

Are you sure that the card is properly seated in the PCIe slots?

Did you install the RME ASIO driver? As of today: https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_hdsp_win_447.zip

Does the fut tools discover the card after installation of the ASIO driver and a reboot?
https://rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_wdm_dspe.zip

It is a msi b650 tomahawk, and no the devicemanager does not list the card at all. The newest driver from rme website does not install properly. I'm on a fully updated win 11, and my mobo drivers are also up to date.

When i switch to the emu card it works
just fine.

erik.sterlund wrote:

It is a MSI b650 tomahawk, and no, the device manager does not list the card at all.
The newest driver from rme website does not install properly.
I'm on a fully updated win 11, and my mobo drivers are also up to date.
When i switch to the emu card it works  just fine.

It is strange that even the device manager does not recognize the new hardware, even if a driver is not installed.
I would expect at least a device entry with the yellow symbol indicating that a driver is missing.

> The newest driver from rme website does not install properly.
What does this mean, is there an error message or how do you come to this conclusion?

Did you check whether the PCIe card is properly seated in the PCIe slot? Maybe some pins have no contact.

This could happen if the end of the PCIe card's bracket does not properly fit into the "slot cut-out" or "bracket slot".
If this is the case, it helps to bend the rear bracket of the PCIe card a little and carefully.
Just a little and only if this is the root cause.

Do you have another PC to check whether the card is being recognized there, working at all?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Is the latest bios for the motherboard installed?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

ramses wrote:
erik.sterlund wrote:

It is a MSI b650 tomahawk, and no, the device manager does not list the card at all.
The newest driver from rme website does not install properly.
I'm on a fully updated win 11, and my mobo drivers are also up to date.
When i switch to the emu card it works  just fine.

It is strange that even the device manager does not recognize the new hardware, even if a driver is not installed.
I would expect at least a device entry with the yellow symbol indicating that a driver is missing.

> The newest driver from rme website does not install properly.
What does this mean, is there an error message or how do you come to this conclusion?

Did you check whether the PCIe card is properly seated in the PCIe slot? Maybe some pins have no contact.

This could happen if the end of the PCIe card's bracket does not properly fit into the "slot cut-out" or "bracket slot".
If this is the case, it helps to bend the rear bracket of the PCIe card a little and carefully.
Just a little and only if this is the root cause.

Do you have another PC to check whether the card is being recognized there, working at all?

Nope device manager doesn't recognize any hardware at all. Never had any problems connecting a pcie card before. It's a used card from thomann. Hopefully its not broken or damaged.

There is a popup asking if the installer worked properly. I can't recall the exact wording.

The older esi pcie card works in every pci socket.

erik.sterlund wrote:

It's a used card from thomann. Hopefully its not broken or damaged.

Then contact Thomann to get a replacement or however you align in this case.

Got a new card from thomann, it worked instantly.

Nice to hear, enjoy the new toy wink