Topic: Chrome 124.0.6367.62 (Official Build) (arm64) Mac 14 No sound UFX+

I am using UFX+ via thunderbolt connection on Macbook pro M1.  Google Chrome auto-updated, and I clicked relaunch button yesterday.  Since then Chrome does not send any sound to output (internal sound of UFX+) AN 1/2 (default for internal audio in total mix Mac).

Youtube and any other embedded video on Google Chrome have no sound through UFX+.  When I choose audio output as macbook pro's internal speakers, sound comes out normally.

Dorico, Logic, apple music and all standalone vsts are unaffected and outputs sounds normally.  Safari plays sounds normally, too.  Only Chrome has this strange behavior.

I checked audio in Chrome settings, and it seems to be correctly turned on.  This is so frustrating.  Trying to fix it already many hours without success.  This problem first happened while I was using UFX+ driver kit driver.  I installed kernel driver today expecting it may solve the problem.  No luck.

Does anyone else have same issue?  Is there any mismatch of Chrome of this particular version with total mix or UFX+ ?

Re: Chrome 124.0.6367.62 (Official Build) (arm64) Mac 14 No sound UFX+

Confirm, Chrome has some audio problems, when opening DAW, Chrome got disconnected from audio, the issue is random and I can't reproduce it, but it's only Chrome who is spooky, seems not to be a driver fault. Chrome needs optimization for Mac audio.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: Chrome 124.0.6367.62 (Official Build) (arm64) Mac 14 No sound UFX+

I found many other people had exact same issue with the April 17th version of Chrome.  I downloaded Apr 12th version of Chrome from website, and it fixed the problem.  It appears to be a Chrome issue.