Topic: Digiface Dante - Stand Alone Mode

Can the changes you make in TotalMix on the Digiface Dante be stored as a setup on the Digiface Dante?
Will the Digiface Dante then boot with this setup and run in stand alone mode without having a computer attached to it ?

Re: Digiface Dante - Stand Alone Mode

no

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

In stand-alone mode the DF Dante acts as fixed Dante / MADI I/O.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

what would happen in the case of a total systemcrash while running the digiface dante? will it switch over to standalone mode?
will the dantepart still be working, for example relaying dante audio data from one device to others as a switch?

other question: if I take power from the computer while running digiface dante with a powersupply attached, will it switch to standalone mode seamlessly? or is there a kind of a reboot time?

andia wrote:

what would happen in the case of a total systemcrash while running the digiface dante? will it switch over to standalone mode?

No.

andia wrote:

will the dantepart still be working, for example relaying dante audio data from one device to others as a switch?

Yes. The routing wil only be overwritten with stand-alone mode if power is interrupted, so the unit boots again.

andia wrote:

other question: if I take power from the computer while running digiface dante with a powersupply attached, will it switch to standalone mode seamlessly? or is there a kind of a reboot time?

See above. Stand-alone mode is only entered when power is attached and USB is not detected in that moment.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME