Topic: Volume Spinner Issue

Hey guys, A random issue has popped up and I can't figure out how to fix it. I have an RME Babyface PRO FS and today the volume control has stopped communicating with Logic Pro X. When I spin the knob on on the babyface, on both the 'In' and 'Out', the volume does not increase or decrease in the headphones connected to the babyface. I can see in TotalMix that the dial is going up and down on the 'main' as I spin the knob but the actual volume isn't being affected. I have to go into TotalMix each time to turn it up or down.

The same is true for the 'In'. The voice on the mic does not go up or down in the headphones while spinning the knob. My guess is that it's not communicating with Logic for some reason, even though the input and output is set to Babyface.

Any insight or fixes would be much appreciated!

2 (edited by waedi 2024-05-10 23:54:56)

Re: Volume Spinner Issue

May you provide a screenshot of your Totalmix ?
It seems you didn't assign the headphone nor routed the software playback channel 1/2 (sound from Logic) to the headphone.
To where is your main-out assigned ?
Try assign main to PH3/4 this is the headphone output

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hi
That sounds weird, but it’s also a bit hard to see what exactly the issue is without any screenshots or even videos.
TotalMix isn’t communicating with Logic anyway. TotalMix app is there to control the mixing and routing which actually happens on the interface hardware, not on the computer! A mismatch between TotalMix and the hardware wheel isn’t related to Logic most likely.
Would it be possible to record a short video and load it to some cloud storage or such?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Hi guys, sorry for the trouble. Actually solved the issue and it was such a simple fix, i don't know why i didn't consider it.. chalk it up to lack of sleep. You're right, it wasn't a logic issue at all.

Here was the fix:

Push the OUT key until Phones 3/4 LED is lit between the output meters, then the knob controls Phones out level.

Push In until the AN 1/2 LED is lit between the input meters, then push the SELECT button 2x. That should show the flashing LED on the first channel, and you can now control the gain for Mic 1. Push select again and Mic 2 is selected. One more push sets the knob to both inputs (stereo control).

It was simply on the wrong setting

This looks like handling in standalone mode...?

Yes

In your first post you say you can see in Totalmix... there was no standalone-mode, that was a little mess.
Anyway, you solved it, thanks for the report.