Topic: Time code options with MADI interfaces?

Hi,
I'm looking at spec'ing an interface that has MADI coaxial inputs and time code sync abilities for live performance capture duties. This used to be RME's wheelhouse. However, it seems the MADIface XT has no timecode input, nor the MADI FX. Or does the TCO expansion work with the MADI FX? It's very unclear which cards the TCO works with or not.

Which cards are supported by the TCO? https://rme-audio.de/time-code-option.html
Are there any other options in RME's line?
Cheers

charlie post | postproductions audio | music rec. & live sound- acoustic music

Re: Time code options with MADI interfaces?

As the TCO replaces the Word Clock Module - with the MADI FX that would be the bracket with the third MADI I/O - it does not make sense here.

Time code can be easily used with external devices, or by sending it over one of the many channels and having it digitally analyzed by the DAW.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your response. I am not clear on your answers, though.

MC wrote:

As the TCO replaces the Word Clock Module - with the MADI FX that would be the bracket with the third MADI I/O - it does not make sense here.

So the MADI FX doesn't support the TCO?

MC wrote:

Time code can be easily used with external devices, or by sending it over one of the many channels and having it digitally analyzed by the DAW.

I will not have control over what comes down the MADI lines to get timecode into the stream. It will arrive on a separate connector, as well as word clock. Are you saying there are no current RME devices that support this configuration?

charlie post | postproductions audio | music rec. & live sound- acoustic music

HDSPe MADI support TCO

And HDSPe MADI FX does not.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME