Topic: spdif to aes/ebu cable for ADI-2

Hi,
  What kind of cable do I need to go from the digital spdif output on the ADI-2 to aes/ebu xlr? I'm guessing someone makes these right? And also where can I purchase it?

Thanks

Re: spdif to aes/ebu cable for ADI-2

I did see an aes to spdif adapter at full compass, made by TecNec.  I haven't tried it out. 

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/242370.html

Greetings folks,

For many years now, I have been happily recording audio with a G5 and Digiface driving an ADI-8 DS and an ADI-8 AE via Adat Lightpipe.

I have now bought an iMac 27" i7 quadcore which has Lightpipe audio out in SPDIF format and I would like to use one of my ADI boxes with it.
Could you tell me what interface / adapter I need to convert that SPDIF into ADI - speak?

Many thanks

drastic wrote:

Hi,
  What kind of cable do I need to go from the digital spdif output on the ADI-2 to aes/ebu xlr? I'm guessing someone makes these right? And also where can I purchase it?

Thanks

Hey there,
If you read the manual (I have the multiface) It tells you the pin config you need to go from spdif to aes. Check the manual for your product but I'm pretty sure that all the RME spdif outs will do aes as well.

Hope this helps,
Isaac

reboundboy wrote:

Greetings folks,

For many years now, I have been happily recording audio with a G5 and Digiface driving an ADI-8 DS and an ADI-8 AE via Adat Lightpipe.

I have now bought an iMac 27" i7 quadcore which has Lightpipe audio out in SPDIF format and I would like to use one of my ADI boxes with it.
Could you tell me what interface / adapter I need to convert that SPDIF into ADI - speak?

Many thanks

Do you mean the 3.5mm minijack plug? You can buy adapters for this. I have one from my old MD player.

From memory the Macs digital out is stereo only. So you'll only get channels 1 and 2 on the ADAT end.

Isaac.

isaac wrote:
reboundboy wrote:

Greetings folks,

Many thanks

Do you mean the 3.5mm minijack plug? You can buy adapters for this. I have one from my old MD player.

From memory the Macs digital out is stereo only. So you'll only get channels 1 and 2 on the ADAT end.

Isaac.

Thanks for your reply.
I have the Toslink adapter that allows me to connect the iMac Digital Audio out to the ADI-8 but the format from the iMac is SPDIF, which needs to be converted to Adat optical for the ADI-8, as I understand it.

Chris.