1 (edited by Reese 2024-06-11 00:08:29)

Topic: Feature request UCX II

Hi all,

First post, so I hope it's in the right place and in the right section.

Got my first RME-Audio interface back in 1999 (Digi96/8 PAD). Mainly to record from an analogue DJ mixer, but also to edit audio tracks. After that very positive experience, I have never changed my main audio interface to any other brand.

Went from the Digi96/8 PAD to the HDSP PCI interface, but I needed more flexibility, so USB became a no-brainer. For the last 11 years or so I’ve used the Fireface UC. The Fireface UC will still be used, but it gets another role in my home studio. So… it was time to do an upgrade to the Fireface UCX II, which I recently bought.

Now, regarding the UCX II, I mostly use only one input/output at a time (analogue/digital depends on the recording/playback), so it would be nice to have a display option view like on the ADI.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/images/products/products_adi-2_pro_2b.jpg

Is that something devs would be willing to do in firmware?

Thanks!

Re: Feature request UCX II

It's not possible on the device, but you know Digicheck NG? You can do this in Digicheck with your UCXII on Mac and PC.
https://i.imgur.com/PJAZlbU.png

Regards,
Audio AG Support

3 (edited by Reese 2024-05-22 13:25:14)

Yes. Of course Digicheck is known to me as long time RME user.

It’s just that the UCX II display is really empty looking with only one input/output active, in my case.

Metering is not really an issue at home LOL:

https://community.enginedj.com/uploads/default/original/3X/4/3/431b1842cfb5f883caa0d6fd9e49fbe2caec9bce.jpeg

4 (edited by Reese 2024-09-27 10:37:36)

Bumping this a bit to see if other RME users would like to see this view on the screen of the UCXII or other device for that matter.

Don't know if it would be "low hanging fruit" for devs, as it is already in the other hardware devices, as stated.

I also don't know if this is the place to put requests in. The forum software isn't that great tbh.

Anyways, who's up for this request? ;-)

5 (edited by tonpalt 2024-09-27 14:58:58)

Reese wrote:

Bumping this a bit to see if other RME users would like to see this view on the screen of the UCXII or other device for that matter.

Don't know if it would be "low hanging fruit" for devs, as it is already in the other hardware devices, as stated.

I also don't know if this is the place to put requests in. The forum software isn't that great tbh.

Anyways, who's up for this request? ;-)

+1

... and being your request for Firmware update to RME please @Reese allow me to add mine:

1st - Move +48v (phantom) from CHAN/MIX→Mic1-2 to MIC/GAIN encoder as is AutoSet, for obvious reasons.

2nd - The encoder CHAN/MIX needs changes, although channels are set as Stereo on CHAN/ menu the settings on /MIX are forced to do it independently for each channel, as if they were set to Mono, is not logical.

3rd - If it's possible, add more options to manage Setups on SETUP/REV→Options→Load/Store all Settings, as e.g. Save to (perhaps in the drive used for DURec...) or Copy to or Clear.

4th - If it's possible and IMHO the most important, add an Offline option on SETUP/REV→Options→Hardware/Diagnosis to disconnect device from the computer, this would avoid suspend/poweroff the computer/device when switch to CC Mode, as well avoiding the tedious process of disconnecting/reconnecting the UCX II USB cable while the computer is on, much more convenient and functional.

Thanks to @Reese and RME Community

UCX II 106/34/104 v1.251 TM1.96 - PC Win11 23H2 / Fedora WS 40 - Reaper 7.22