Topic: AIO Pro - Phones output Loopback, where is it going?

Hi there.

When we engage 'Loopback' on the Phones output in TotalMix FX, on which input is it looped back?

I'm not seeing the Phones signal looped back anywhere; which makes sense since there's no 'Phones' hardware input.
But why then allowing 'Loopback' on the Phones out?

Maybe I missed something and it really is looped back somewhere...

Thank you!

2 (edited by waedi 2024-05-26 16:29:13)

Re: AIO Pro - Phones output Loopback, where is it going?

In the DAW did you try input channels 3/4 ?
check in Totalmix control room in the ASSIGN list, is Phones 1 assigned to PH3/4 ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I've tried that right now, but no luck.

Input 3/4 is AES, actually. When I enable 'Loopback' on the AES output, it does loop back to Input 3/4.

But the Phones out Loopback seems to go nowhere (which is not a complaint from me, I'm just wondering why TotalMix allows it).

It depends to where the Phones Out is assigned to.

I understand what you mean.

My concern is with the Phones hardware output actually, not the 'Phones' in the Control Room.

=>
Let's say I don't assign any phone in the control room; then I have the 'Phones' channel available in the hardware output list. That channel has a 'Loopback' button, but that Loopback function seems to have no purpose, the looped back signal does not go to any input. Unless I missed something.

Hopefully this is clear.

6 (edited by waedi 2024-05-26 17:11:19)

What channels are above in Totalmix ?
What number of software playback channel ?
and above what hardware input channel ? This one should be the input channel.

My question is related to the fact that the AIO Pro has 2 more outputs than inputs: 14 inputs, 16 outputs.
There's 14 hardware inputs, 16 software playback inputs, and 16 hardware outputs.

My question is actually directed to RME mainly (they are the ones who developed TotalMix), or people having the AIO Pro, but I appreciate your help, thank you!

You understood it correctly - when there is no matching input channel then Loopback can't work. The reason that the button is still there is most probably that it is complicated to remove it for just one stereo output channel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Got it. Thank you.