Topic: RME M-32 DA Volume Control

Is there any way to control the channel level output of the M-32 DA with a physical controller, such as MIDI? I know you can send MIDI messages to control the amplitude, but that would require software to translate a MIDI fader to the correct SysEx format. Is there something "out of the box" that can control the output level of all channels?

Re: RME M-32 DA Volume Control

straight forward solution :

[Edit Mod]: obviously misses the point.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

This is only 2 channels though. I need volume control for all 32 channels with a single knob or slider.

4 (edited by ramses 2024-06-06 21:11:30)

Perhaps a fader group in TotalMix FX and the assign one of the output channels to "Main Out" and control volume via ARC USB?
Store that in a dedicated snapshot for this purpose ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

dmartinp wrote:

Is there any way to control the channel level output of the M-32 DA with a physical controller, such as MIDI? I know you can send MIDI messages to control the amplitude, but that would require software to translate a MIDI fader to the correct SysEx format. Is there something "out of the box" that can control the output level of all channels?

The M-32 series does not support volume control via MIDI, so your statement is unclear.

In case you use an RME audio interface see Ramses' reply.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME