1 (edited by TimothyRay 2024-06-07 22:06:56)

Topic: No TotalMix window

Hi,

I have an Fireface UCX and I just bought a new Mac Studio M2 Max, downloaded and installed the latest drivers, but somehow TotalMix FX window does not show up. I already allowed the program to the system through privacy and security, but no luck yet.

Any idea how to make this work?

Thanks!

Re: No TotalMix window

Which driver exactly did you install and how so?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Fireface USB DK409. I installed the new version because the old one gave the same result so i thought installing the latest version would help, but it did not unfortunately.

https://rme-audio.de/driverkit-info.html

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Plus the latest driver is 4.10.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks! I did all the suggested steps, was able to enable RME software but it still does not work. Could it be a flash problem?
When I open the flash tool it says programming status: Not updated. Could that be the problem?

TimothyRay wrote:

Thanks! I did all the suggested steps, was able to enable RME software but it still does not work. Could it be a flash problem?
When I open the flash tool it says programming status: Not updated. Could that be the problem?

Yes, you have to update the firmware on your UCX. Open the link from post nr. 4 and read carefully the instructions there.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

I did all those steps in the video. Still not working..

My flash tool gives programming status: Not updated, but when i press update nothing happens..

What should i do?

It’s a bit complicated:
To make work the UCX with the 'driverkit' driver v4.xx it needs a certain minimum firmware version (I don’t know the number). But the FUT only works with an installed kext driver v3.xx.
So the needed steps are:
1 Mac recovery boot, set security to reduced
2 After restart, installation of kext driver including all 'agree' clicks and such and again restart
3 (UCX hopefully is recognised and works). Now load and run FUT, update firmware. Reboot of UCX to activate new firmware
4 installation of driverkit driver including several 'agree' clicks (3rd party software, security…)
Are you sure you went thru all these steps?

10 (edited by TimothyRay 2024-06-10 15:29:28)

Thanks!

I know I did step 1 and 2 correctly, but updating FUT in step 3 doesnt seem to work somehow. Maybe I am doing something wrong here, but I don't know what exactly.

When I press update, normally it starts updating. Now it doesn't do anything. What am I missing?

You will need to run the update with the 3.x driver before installing 4.x. That's the entire point of the link I sent.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

With kernel extension driver 3. xx the UCX should work even with the older firmware. Is that the case or not?

Thank you. It worked! It worked with 3.xx but I updated to 4.10 and it seems to work just fine.

So it seems the firmware is up to date. What version?