1 (edited by Koek75 2024-06-16 22:21:18)

Topic: No sound through Headphone channel Totalmix FX

As it says, using the Fireface UC, headphones are properly connected to the device. Came home tonight and suddenly my headphones channel is completely dead in TM FX. Also not seeing and routing options in the blue square on the right. Main output is working as normal. If anyone is willing to help out, that would be great. Link to screenshot of TM FX below:

https://ibb.co/BZkgH8r

Re: No sound through Headphone channel Totalmix FX

First thing I would do : Click the button 2ROW in the blue square field right side.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by Koek75 2024-06-17 00:56:47)

waedi wrote:

First thing I would do : Click the button 2ROW in the blue square field right side.

Thank you. There appears to be another issue: I cannot click on it or on PostFX in level meters. I can select RMS and Names in the blue box. Also, channels do not get highlighted when I click on them either. Version is 1.73

I tried to update to the latest version (1.93), but after downloading the file and extracting it, double clicking it to start the installation simply opens up the existing installed version and doesn't update it.

*edit* restarted the PC to see if that effected the change to the new version and indeed it did. However, no luck, as in the curent version 1.93 I still can't do any of the aforementioned...

4 (edited by waedi 2024-06-17 02:54:51)

Post FX is probably a feature not available for your interface.
For having the output channels getting highlighted you have to set Totalmix into Submix-mode.
But your screenshot is missing Submix and Free mode buttons.
Is this still the case with the new version ?
May you update the sreenshot ?

Most important :
Also be sure to have the latest firmware in the UC.

No playback channels visible and fixed routings: looks like you have set TotalMix to DAW mode.
And yes, there are no internal fx with the UC. This feature was introduced later (Fireface UFX, UCX…).

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Thanks Oli that was the missing link !

https://i.ibb.co/TThYzHN/Bildschirmfoto-2024-06-17-um-07-59-21.png

Select full mode

https://i.ibb.co/9YFGVnw/Bildschirmfoto-2024-06-17-um-07-59-40.png

Please provide a screenshot of Totalmix with all channels expanded and in normal mode.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you all for you suggestions. Yesterday, I changed the operational mode from DAW mode to Full mode, and this gave me the routing mode options in the blue box. When I tried to set Main Output B to AN 1/2, suddenly the Headphones came alive again. I have made a snapshot of these settings so if it happens again I can go back to it. Previously, in the DAW mode, the snapshot wouldn't save everything I set up, but in full mode it seems it does. I had written a reply, but I think I got logged out and when I press submit, the message disappeared so I didn't bother to write it again as it was quite late.

I have since upgraded TM FX to version1.93, and have updated to the latest drivers.

I'll let you know if anything changes, but for now it seems to be solved.

Save a Workspace. Snapshots can vanish...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME