Topic: Use ARC USB to control Playback channels

Just found out my new ARC USB controller can't control the volume of Playback channels, which I wasn't expecting. Is there a way to get around this? Someone on these forums said to assign the Playback channel to a headphone output and then control that, but I need to get that headphone output back to my headphones, where I have Main assigned to Phones Out 7/8. Anyway to make this work? Thanks!

Re: Use ARC USB to control Playback channels

It's tricky to control the playback fader, because it can't know which submix are you controlling the fader for. Is it all routings (i.e. trim mode), one specific routing, or just the current submix?

With fader groups you can create a link that will allow to control the fader only on the currently selected submix.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by TomDrums 2024-06-28 07:22:10)

Re: Use ARC USB to control Playback channels

Thanks Jeff, I got it working. I assigned Phones Out 1 through 4 to unused digital output channels, then made a fader group with each playback channel fader on the main submix and each phones out fader, then used the Volume Phones 1 through 4 on the ARC USB to control that playback channel on that submix. That is a roundabout way to do it, but it works.

Midi volume knobs can directly control input, playback, and output channel volume on any submix, but the ARC USB with it's large encoder knob can only adjust main and phones 1-4 volumes and mic/instrument input gains. There is no direct control of any input, playback, or other output volumes. What's the reasoning here?