Topic: Hdspe Madi FX rev 2 clock?

Hey guys!  Does anyone know if the rev 2 has steadyclock FS?  I can’t find any answers on the main website. Thanks!

Edward.

Re: Hdspe Madi FX rev 2 clock?

Rev 2 is not a new product, the one user manual is valid and on page 85 it describes SteadyClock (non-FS).

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi is right - and not. SteadyClock FS is not really relevant for a digital I/O card, reclocking and conversion will take place in other units, far away. And SteadyCocxk already has tremendous jitter suppression capabilities. That said the Rev 2 hardware does include FS, which will be mentioned in the next update of the manual, which is due to the addition of Room EQ.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

@MC It is not mentioned even on web. It might be easier/faster to update it at least on web. Just to add eg. (rev. 2 has SteadyClock FS).

5 (edited by Ed.riffs 2024-06-30 19:21:17)

@MC so if I wanted to have a system that used a Madi fx card, ADI2profsr and an m-1620 pro, should I clock them all to one unit or should I just have them all depend on their own internal clock?  Thank you so much for your help!

You have to always synchonize them. Using WC/ADAT/ .....

Ed.riffs wrote:

@MC so if I wanted to have a system that used a Madi fx card, ADI2profsr and an m-1620 pro, should I clock them all to one unit or should I just have them all depend on their own internal clock?  Thank you so much for your help!

Either use HDSPe MADI FX as clock master or M-1620 Pro.

I would use HDSPe MADI FX as clock master, then the clock rate will be set by the application / DAW (at one place).
The ASIO driver will tell the driver which sample rate to use.
The slaves will learn the clock through their digital inputs.

If you use double speed do not forget to configure all MADI devices to use 96k frames.

M-1620 Pro will get clock through MADI. ADI-2 Pro FS R BE can get clock from AES input and has a special internal design that it will finally use its own clock for conversion.

Word clock does not provide any better quality and is simply not needed in your setup.

Maybe see also my blog article for general information.
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ent … ios-en-de/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13