Topic: Nube Question here

Hello All-
I just received my ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition and thought as a retired electronics design engineer I could get started immediately - wrong!
Its a great box, and my goal is to digitize my album collection and create as close to 'live' listening as I can - final is for playlists when entertaining.....
I have several questions:
1. My ASIO driver does not seem to be working.  I have loaded the RME MADIface driver for ADI-2 Pro and it seemed to install fine.  A check on Device Manager shows Driver 0.9.843.0 and also madiface_usb_asio.dll ver 0.9843 and madiface_usb_asio_64.dll ver 0.9843.
However, when launching Vinyl Studio Pro I get an error when trying to use ASIO as my input device: ASIO error 1000 from ASIOinit (ASIO driver open failure).
Any suggestions?  I have also asked Vinyl Studio.
2. Lastly - for the moment - I can not find anywhere in the manual how to increase the volume on the analog inputs.  I am using a MC (high output) and a preamp going into the RME analog inputs.  I used 2 each 1/4 inch mono male plugs to RCA male plugs for the input cables.
I have used the MC cartridge without the need for a preamp on a regular phono input so it seems like the inputs need to be increased a bit.
Any advice or other places to gain this info would be most helpful in my endeavor.
Regards to All

2 (edited by ramses 2024-07-09 21:19:35)

Re: Nube Question here

1- cross-check with another player with ASIO support, MusicBee or Reaper DAW
2- choose proper reference level.

Which OS version are you using?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by KaiS 2024-07-10 06:31:30)

sscott wrote:

2. Lastly - for the moment - I can not find anywhere in the manual how to increase the volume on the analog inputs.  I am using a MC (high output) and a preamp going into the RME analog inputs.  I used 2 each 1/4 inch mono male plugs to RCA male plugs for the input cables.
I have used the MC cartridge without the need for a preamp on a regular phono input so it seems like the inputs need to be increased a bit.

You can set the analog input gain at:
I/O / Analog Input / Settings / Ref Level: +4 to +24 dBu
I/O / Analog Input / Settings / Auto Ref Level: set to OFF

Fine tuning gain and balance:
I/O / Analog Input / Settings / Trim Gain Left:   0.0 to +6.0 dB.
I/O / Analog Input / Settings / Trim Gain Right: 0.0 to +6.0 dB.

All settings are available in the RME Remote App too.

Thanks KaiS, I have fixed the ASIO driver problem - stupid mistake.
However, my levels are still not at all where they should be.
Ref level is +24
Auto Ref level is OFF
Trim Gain left & right is 6
Source is ANALOG
High Power is OFF

And it is still low audio - even being fed from a phono preamp.
I also updated my firmware to the latest.
Frustrating......

5 (edited by vinark 2024-07-10 19:56:49)

Use +4, not +24! 24 is for studio levels not hifi. Even +4 can be a little low as hifi levels are mostly -10db.
The numbers are the expected levels not the gain, so work the other way round.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

I got it!
Thanks KaiS, the Ref Lvl was misleading me, lower is more sensitive.
Now to make my 1st vinyl recording!

I am not Kais, but glad it helped!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Thanks Vinark!
I did not see your post, but I got it figured.  Your explanation makes sense and thanks for that.
Doing a test run with Dave Brubeck to see how the extra 8 bits perform.
Then, have to cobble a way to play the file - RME is in my office, system is in the Pub Room - oh well.
I believe the Blue OS will do it and the new WiiM Ultra will as well.
Probably sell the Blue OS now that I am thinking.....
Thanks again!