Topic: Suggestion of expansion and adaptation

Hello,I strongly hope that you can add Room eq function and Delays function to the rme adi2 pro series and adapt these series to Todalmix fx.
      For Adi2 series users, listening to music is definitely not limited to using headphones. Many users will also use speakers. At this time, functions such as Room EQ and Delays will be needed for further room calibration. Many Adi2 Pro users have certain professional knowledge and have certain room calibration capabilities, so I strongly suggest these.
      Thank you!

Re: Suggestion of expansion and adaptation

The ADI-2 series is basically a 2 channel playback device. I don't see why that needs delay even when used with room correction.

Apart from that the ADI-2 uses its DSP for many more features than the multichannel interfaces, plus higher sample rates. Means the 9-band PEQ is not possible there, and delay needs RAM that doesn 't exist.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Aren’t many sound distortions and wrong sound image caused by improper room reflections? Doesn’t reflection involve time? But this seems very complicated, and I don’t know much about this.
As for the problem of insufficient DSP you mentioned, I think you can limit the audio within 48khz to enable this 20-bands EQ.
Why did you mention 9-bands? I remember it wasn't 20-bands for mono or 10-bands for stereo?

MC wrote:

The ADI-2 series is basically a 2 channel playback device. I don't see why that needs delay even when used with room correction.

Apart from that the ADI-2 uses its DSP for many more features than the multichannel interfaces, plus higher sample rates. Means the 9-band PEQ is not possible there, and delay needs RAM that doesn 't exist.

66888 wrote:

Aren’t many sound distortions and wrong sound image caused by improper room reflections? Doesn’t reflection involve time?

They are and they do. That's why you can't deal with room reflections with a simple EQ or delay. Delay adjustment helps you correct phase between different channels, it's not about room reflections. To combat reflections you need to alter room acoustics or involve some active time-domain compensation using arrays of speakers, which is not a trivial task. Don't forget the focus here is on studios where proper room treatment is assumed to have taken place before EQ is implemented.

Why did you mention 9-bands? I remember it wasn't 20-bands for mono or 10-bands for stereo?

You seem to mix things up. RME's room correction has had 9 bands (for up to 20 channels) from the very beginning. RME ≠ Qudelix.

Oh look what I was saying! I misread it.

But can you accept the suggestion that music with a frequency of less than 48 khz should be developed into 10 or even 20-bands peq? This should be technically possible.

Is it possible that after a certain acoustic treatment, more than 10-bands peqs are also needed for room correction?

unpluggged wrote:
66888 wrote:

Aren’t many sound distortions and wrong sound image caused by improper room reflections? Doesn’t reflection involve time?

They are and they do. That's why you can't deal with room reflections with a simple EQ or delay. Delay adjustment helps you correct phase between different channels, it's not about room reflections. To combat reflections you need to alter room acoustics or involve some active time-domain compensation using arrays of speakers, which is not a trivial task. Don't forget the focus here is on studios where proper room treatment is assumed to have taken place before EQ is implemented.

You seem to mix things up. RME's room correction has had 9 bands (for up to 20 channels) from the very beginning. RME ≠ Qudelix.