Topic: Fireface 802 Remote

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew if the UCX remote worked with the Fireface 802. The 802 has a remote input but I’m not sure what remote I should be looking for.

Thanks!

Re: Fireface 802 Remote

https://rme-audio.de/arc-usb.html

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Does this plug into your computer via USB or the report port on the interface? I only have 2 USB ports and one is already taken by the Fireface.

AphexDad wrote:

Does this plug into your computer via USB or the report port on the interface? I only have 2 USB ports and one is already taken by the Fireface.

Two options :
Plug into computer
Plug into the the remote USB port at the interface

Mine doesn’t have another USB port on the back. Bummer. Thanks for the info!

6 (edited by waedi 2024-07-17 01:24:41)

My bad, Sorry, I see the 802 has the old remote connector. Those remote units are no longer available.

Btw : For audio interfaces it's recommended to not use any USB hub.
But the ARC USB should work fine with a hub, so you can use the second USB port of the computer for other things and the remote.

AphexDad wrote:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew if the UCX remote worked with the Fireface 802. The 802 has a remote input but I’m not sure what remote I should be looking for.

Thanks!

You actually have 3 options.

1. Get a used Basic Remote Control (BRC). It's what I did.
There is a volume pot and 2 buttons. It plugs in to the back of the 802 and I could program one button for muting the speakers. It fits my use case precisely.

2. Get a used Advanced Remote Control (ARC).
The same as the above but with more buttons. It uses the same connector on the back.

3. Get a new or used ARC USB.

This is the current version and connects via USB so you need to connect to to your computer (or a hub) unless you get a newer interface which has a USB-A connector for a remote on the back.

To be clear, option 1 & 2 requires you to find a used remote since these aren't made or sold new anymore. But they do exist. They are made of solid metal so they are very robust and durable. My BRC has some of the blue finish coming off now after 8 years of use and I bought it used.