Topic: Regular Headphone into IEM Output

I finally got my ADI-2 DAC FS. Really enjoy the sound and features.

Out of curiosity, I have plugged my HD600 into the IEM port. I actually got pretty decent volume at -20db. Do I lose any sound quality using the IEM port for HD600? If not, I will leave it there and use the 6.25mm port for the other headphone that needs more power.

(I will not listen to both headphone at the same time. Just want to avoid pulling and plugging headphones when I want to switch).

Re: Regular Headphone into IEM Output

All fine if the listening loudness is sufficient.

IEM has the same audio quality as the 1/4” ‘phones output.
It just has less gain.

If you keep both headphones plugged all the time watch out for:

• Don’t overload and break the ‘phones at the 1/4” while listening to the IEM - they share the volume control.
Check that 1/4”-‘s are not screaming loud laying on the table.

• ADI-2 detects which front ‘phones output is plugged and switches individual settings for each, e.g. different EQ for IEM, 1/4”, and rear Line Out if no ‘phones are plugged.
If both front outputs stay plugged, this mechanism is deactivated and ADI-2 is using the same setting all the time for all outs.

Unless you use Toggle Plugged. Will circle over all three outputs then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, I am using Toggle Plugged. So only one output (phone, IEM, XLR) is on at any time and the volume of each output is remembered. This is really perfect for me since I have two headphones and a pair of active speakers.