Topic: Yamaha MADI cards to HDSP MADI

Hello,

Anyone have any luck with the new Yamaha MADI master and slave cards? I have one master and two slave cards in a DM2000VCM for 24 channels at 96k to my HDSP MADI. Running XP Pro and Nuendo 4. Everybody is clocked via a BigBen.

So far with the latest drivers installed I am unable to get audio passing to and from the cards. They show up as AES cards and appear to be working as far as the console is concerned.
I have AES cards and DA / AD cards that do pass audio and an ADI-648 and DMC-842 that are functional.

Any tricks or suggestions?

Thanks
DaveL

Re: Yamaha MADI cards to HDSP MADI

Hi Dave,

I have  the Yamaha Madi Cards (1 x Master + 3 x Slave). It works fine so far (@ 44.1 / DM 2000 V2 FW 2.40), exept for the 1 sample offset on the Master card(Yamahas fault).

Are all the manual Settings on the MY Cards done (all set to 96k + Slave 1, Slave 2)?.

Regars

Marcus

FF UCX - ADI 8 QS(DOTec Madi/Usb i64) - Madi HDSPe(Tco 4)

Hello Marcus,

Yes the dip switches are set per the manual. I may have to try at 48 to see if that is the real issue. I have not tried that yet.

Thanks
DL

4 (edited by MH 3 2008-10-12 06:03:17)

Hi Dave,

maybe you can test a basic setup with rme as master + desk as slave. Btw, are you using coax or optical Madi?

Regards
Marcus

FF UCX - ADI 8 QS(DOTec Madi/Usb i64) - Madi HDSPe(Tco 4)