Topic: Fireface UCX AES/EBU through SPDIF missing the right channel

Hello!

I'm trying to use the SPDIF output for AES/EBU with my Fireface UCX but ran into issue where both for my speakers (Genelec 8330A SAM) outputs just the left channel. Meaning if I listen audio with only right channel I don't hear anything and if audio only has left channel I hear it from the both speakers. Would anybody have idea what could be wrong? With headphones I hear both channel and same with the previous speakers I used with analog outputs.

Setup:
Connection from Fireface UCX to left Genelec: pro snake AES/EBU SPDIF Cable Male
Connection between Genelecs: pro snake 29014 AES/EBU Cable

If it matters I have also tried to set the SPDIF output format to "Professional" in Fireface USB settings.

I only have one SPDIF cable so I cannot test with another one right now. I can get a second XLR cable tomorrow I can try to test with but I doubt it should be the issue.

Thanks!

2 (edited by ramses 2024-07-24 21:24:33)

Re: Fireface UCX AES/EBU through SPDIF missing the right channel

If I remember right ...
Audio packets for L and R channels are being transferred over the cable.
You need to configure your monitors to get the packets of L or R channel out of the stream.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

If I remember right ...
Audio packets for L and R channels are being transferred over the cable.
You need to configure your monitors to get the packets of L or R channel out of the stream.

That would make sense! I looked into the Genelec manual and I probably need to install the GLM software and configure the channels there. I will test this tomorrow. Thank you!

yw wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi, just wanted to confirm that after running the Genelec GLM software and assigning left/right speakers everything is working now smile For a while I lost all the sound but then noticed the GLM had selected analogue inputs for the speakers so I had to rerun calibration and make sure the digital inputs are in use. Thanks again for the help!