1 (edited by Redcliff 2024-07-26 05:01:51)

Topic: Lenovo P1 Gen 3, I9 10th gen /win 11

For many years I have been running a windows Tower on an old EX58 chipset, Windows 10.
I recently purchased the laptop described above at a very attractive price.
I have been running a MADI Express PCIe FX Card with an M-32 ADC, M-32 DAC, a M16 DAC and a pair of ADI-8 QS units all interfacing with TT patchbays and racks of outboard, an AMS Neve 8816/8804 and 3 UAD2 pCIe DSP cards in an external PCIe>PCIe expansion chassis. It’s a nice hybrid setup. I need a new workstation for my DAW (Cubase 13).

In a perfect world, I could utilize the two TB 3 ports on the Lenovo with TB to PCIe expansion chassis’. One of them would attach to TB port one of the Lenovo and contain the RME MADI FX PCIe card and daughter card. The other one would contain three UAD2 pCIe DSP cards and interface with the 2nd TB port on the Lenovo.

Any reason why this wouldn’t work given I could find a TB to PCIe external expansion chassis’ that were windows compatible?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

MADI FX M-32ADDA M-16DA ADI-8QSM x 2 ADI 648 ADI-8 192 ADI-8 DD x 2 ADI-8 DS x 4 Babyface Pro ADI 2

Re: Lenovo P1 Gen 3, I9 10th gen /win 11

I've personally never come across a Thunderbolt enclosure that is macOS or Windows specific, they always seem to be cross-compatible. But yeah, this should work without issue.

Anywho, the Sonnet Echo Express SE1 should work for the HDSPe MADI:
https://www.amazon.com/Sonnet-Express-T … B01MTP2XMZ

And the StarTech.com 4-Slot PCIe Expansion Chassis should work for the 3 UAD2 PCIe DSP cards:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0BJL7HKD8?th=1

Both enclosures are advertised as compatible with TB3 & Windows.

2x MADI FX | Digiface Dante | Fireface UFX+ | ADI-192 DD

Re: Lenovo P1 Gen 3, I9 10th gen /win 11

Thank you for the reply. I am new to Thunderbolt and was hoping to be able to continue using my MADI PCIe hardware so this is good news. Will follow up.

MADI FX M-32ADDA M-16DA ADI-8QSM x 2 ADI 648 ADI-8 192 ADI-8 DD x 2 ADI-8 DS x 4 Babyface Pro ADI 2