Topic: ADI-2 & 9632 set up configuration

Hello,

I am a new member on the forum and I hope there is someone out there that can assist me.  I am looking at purchasing the AD1-2 with the Hammerfall 9632.  Before I leap into this, I had some questions concerning routing.

I never worked with an AD/DA converter. So, I wanted know, if I connect the ADI-1 to the 9632 via the ADAT i/o, can I hook up my mic pre to the analouge ins and route the signal going to the analouge in's to the ADAT outs and finanlly to the adat in of the 9632?  Also, in respect monitoring, if the sound is feeding out of the ADAT output to the 9632 ADAT input, if my studio monitors are hooked up directly to the ADI-1 output, will the sound be routed to my monitors? As I stated before, I never worked with an AD/DA converter in the sound chain and before I spend the money I want to make sure that I can accomplish what I explained above.  Also, if there is a way to accomplish this but the method I explained above is incorrect, please let me know how I would accomplish this.

I thank everyone in advance for taking time out to provide your insight and direction.  Also, I did diligently try to search the forum to see if any questions similar to mine was posted.  However, all of the posts I found related to something else.

Thanks,

Law Daproducer

Re: ADI-2 & 9632 set up configuration

Yes, an external converter is exactly used like this. The ADI-2' advantage is that it speaks ADAT, so you can still use the 9632 SPDIF I/O for something else.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ADI-2 & 9632 set up configuration

Hello,

Thanks for your response.  I just wanted to be clearer to make sure I am getting the correct answer.  So, I read my post and I realized that I didn't specify that the preamp would actually be patched into the analouge ins's of the ADI-2 and not the 9632. So, would the signal still flow to through the ADAT in out.  I want to be sure that I can utilize the ADI-2 on the front end as well as the back-in.

Sorry, I just want to make sure!

Thanks for your help.