Topic: off topic :gigastudio 3.2x stuck notes

Hello

sorry for being off topic, but you guys seem to be most wise in the ways of midi and i am desperate for some help.

I am getting annoyed with the regular occurrence of stuck notes in gigastudio v3.2x and have searched the web to no avail.  I am certain that the problem lies within the sampler software itself... There is no pattern for the stuck notes... they just occur randomly.  sometimes a cymbal will go off and there is not even a midi event in the list that corresponds to it. It never happened on the old system using the same software.. And now the demise of tascams gigastudio leaves me out in the cold.

I use hdsp 9652 gsif drivers for gigastudio but do not pass the midi thru the fast midi ports - it is going in via midi over lan.

If anyone knows anything at all on how i might be able to stop this stuck note syndrome i would greatly appreciate advice. 

So far, some solutions i have read about are :
I have heard disabling hyperthreading but quad core does not appear to have this functionality?,
disble midi chasing events in DAW,
disabling audio inputs from soundcard into giga,
and have tried all solutions but none seem to work.

How i wish the HDSP had 2 more midi ports do that i could use the midi drivers on the card... Perhaps there is a hardware or software solution from RME that i could purchase that would give me 4 midi ports to the sampler...  I dont seem to get stuck notes when i run midi thru the card fast midi ports. (Although i have not tested this for long periods)

With friendliness

roon

Re: off topic :gigastudio 3.2x stuck notes

HI Roon,

Some system hardware and software details would be helpful for us to help.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig | ADK Pro Audio
www.adkproaudio.com
https://www.facebook.com/adkmg

ooh yes sorry bout that

winxp sp2
asus p5kpro mobo
midioverlan 2.21
gigastudio 3 orch
quadcore 6600 cpu
4g ram (1.2 g utilized)

for the record : the problem seems to have rectified itself with a uninstall and a clean install of the gigastudio software... hope it stays away for ever
kind regards to all musicians