Topic: cannot launch digicheck5 or 4.53

using
HDSP AES32 with driver 3.07.3
Hardware rev 233
Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel Core2 6300 @ 1.86GHz
2.00GB RAM

previously using Digicheck 4.44 with hardware rev 231 and driver 2.52, no problems.

Installed drivers 3.07.3
Flashed the firmware to v 233.

Installed digicheck 5.
On first run, program asks me to select a folder to record to - I click OK and no file requester widow opens, no interface at all visible, but task manager shows digicheck process is running.

Installed digicheck 4.53.
same result as above.

Installed digicheck 4.44 (the version we previously used).
This version cannot find any compatible hardware, but the interface opens.

Note: the audio device itself is recognised and works fine with the DAW software.

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
ottor

Re: cannot launch digicheck5 or 4.53

Starting DC5 with registry and default settings from older versions might cause strange problems. Please go to the registry via regedit and find this one:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RME\DIGICheck

Highlight DIGICheck and delete it. All entries under DC will be rebuilt when you start the program again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: cannot launch digicheck5 or 4.53

I have tried as you suggested, but there is no change in the result.

I also uninstalled the HDSP AES32 card, removed all references to RME and Digicheck from the registry, reinstalled the card/drivers, reinstalled digicheck 5.

Upon launching digicheck 5 I get the notice to set the global record directory (a feature we will NEVER use). When I click OK the Digicheck program continues running in the background (according to task manager) but no interface/window/notices ever appears. Sysinternals' Process Explorer tells me there are no windows, hidden or otherwise, associated with Digicheck 5 at that time.