Topic: ADI 8QS standalone

I have an ADI 8QS, and normally use it in a MADI-connection with 4 MICSTASY. But i wonder, most for curiosity, but it could be convenient, - is it possible to use it completely alone? With an anlog signal in, A/D, digital amplification, D/A and analog out. Internal clock,  48 kHz sampling. I have tried, but the led flash in the digital input modul.
Could any comment?

Re: ADI 8QS standalone

The QS is a standalone device... Which LED is flashing?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The led flash in the "digital input" module.i get nothing out. Since i don't have a digital input, but an analog input, i do not understand the meaning here. I thought the clock for what you call  "CPU  Steady Clock Control Remote Control" in 17)Block diagram, -  was related to the digital input connectors,  or -  like in my case the internal clock. And that this internal clock was from the same base as the clock fed to  all the digital circuits. But this must be wrong. I have now found out that when i connect ADAT IN to ADAT OUT, i get a signal on the output. From this i conclude that the clock has to be fed from input part to output part in the digital processing chain. When i look at the block diagram in the manual, it is not obvious. Is it only the DAC that does not have a clock if we do not connect ADAT IN to OUT, or is it some more blocks in your diagram?

The connection from ADAT Out to In is not so much required for the clock, but for the signal as such... If you want to go AD and back to DA directly, you need this connection...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME