1 (edited by ashwtm 2009-01-27 17:06:16)

Topic: Connecting ADI-2 to non-hammerfall S/PDIF

Hi there, I've recently purchased the RME ADI-2 with the assumption I can connect optically to my already existing m-audio delta 1010lt pci via S/PDIF however I am concerned about connectivity.

Can I download " Windows 2000/XP PnP driver for all RME cards (except HDSP)." to control the routing of both channels or will I HAVE to purchase a hammerfall pci card?

Thanks

Ash

Re: Connecting ADI-2 to non-hammerfall S/PDIF

Hi Ash,

There is no driver for the ADI-2. It's a standalone unit, not an interface. As far as I can see the Delta 1010 only supports coaxial SPDIF, not optical. Should work fine, with the proper settings on both units.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by ashwtm 2009-01-28 00:18:38)

Ok thanks, I'll be using coaxial S/PDIF then. I guess I'll just be telling my DAW to record S/PDIF Left and Right and same for output.

Thanks very much!

Usually, you can choose a mono track or a stereo track, then select the input(s) for that track.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Usually, you can choose a mono track or a stereo track, then select the input(s) for that track.

Figured it out myself when I got home as soon as I had a play on cubase so edited the reply above before you posted, but thanks for the prompt reply!

Regards

Ash