Topic: 2 Aes32 Mixer Bug?

Here is my issue...
I got 2 Aes-32 connected to 2 Apogee AD16x and 2 DA16x so i got total 32in 32out.
in the HDSP Mixer @ Unit #2 the outputs are mixed up.
Output 1-8 from the RME are sending to the apogee's 9-16 out. (DA)
and outputs 9-16 from the RME are sending to the apogee's 1-8. (DA)

In the same mixer unit #1 works fine.
My cables are fine, its an original Mogami Cables.
i even tried to switch the cables and its the same problem.
for the record im working @ 96khz but i also tried switching to 44.1 but it didnt change anything.
i also got the Apogee BigBen as the master WC, and the RME's are in autosync , no sync issues.
i even tried making the RME as a master WC but it didnt change anything, just causing the apogee bigben unstable.

Please help....   is there any jumper i can move to fix this in the rme or apogee ?

Thanks

Re: 2 Aes32 Mixer Bug?

infected wrote:

Output 1-8 from the RME are sending to the apogee's 9-16 out. (DA)

Either your explanation is unclear (the outputs 1-8 are on the main board so the card works correct) or the Apogee includes a configuration that allows to swap channels between D-subs. Or you just connected the cables at the wrong D-Sub port.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The Apogee  16-channel converters' D-Sub pinout is completely different (16 channels on one D-Sub cable) and not Tascam/Yamaha compatible, so you can not directly connect the Apogee to the AES-32 with a D-sub cable (the connection here is 8 Ins and Outs on the D-Sub). You will need breakout cables with XLR for both, and connect individual AES channels.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

well, i had other issues with my uad2 quad and i had to format my pc.
i know that it will sound weird but after reinstalling a fresh copy of XP pro and reinstalling the rme drivers the problem is gone.
so it must be some kind of a program/driver related.
the rme channels in both cards work great.

BTW:
its nice to see a forum that actually get support from the admins and crew that actually knows stuff.
i wish that all tech forums will be like this one.
especially Universal Audio.