Topic: Alphatrack as Totalmix controller

Hi -

First post here - I'm a recent FF800 owner and finding it a great unit. Recently I purchased a used Alphatrack controller dedicated to switching functions in Totalmix so I can keep my Mackie Control focused on it's DAW duties.

It integrates so well with my system I'm moved to suggest some basic MIDI control enhancements and further implementation. Some possible ideas:

1) Make the footswitch on the Alphatrack a momentary talkback switch

2) Make the rotary encoders and/or the touchstrip control a movable focus for channel selection

3) Have an assignable set of channels in a given preset linked to the rotary encoders

Although I think some of these could be coded in Midi Translator I've no doubt the bright minds at RME could make further enhancements more directly.

Thanks, Chipal in Chicago

Re: Alphatrack as Totalmix controller

Hi!
I also have an Alphatrack, and I would also like to use it as a MIDI control device..

any news in this direction?

regards,

Mike

BTW: for me, I'm already using UFX so totalmix FX would be totally ok as a target for the Alphatrack smile

quite old entry, but still the question remains: is alphatrack supported by RME totalmix? I cant get it working properly sad

Hi,
and will the presonus faderport work with totalmix fx, win xp, hdsp 9632?
thanx t

hdsp9632 symm., asus pw5, matrox avpe 128mb,
win xp, mindprint dtc, tlm 103, s-forge, acid pro