Topic: madi total mix help required - again

i am trying to do some more complex, (complex for me that is) routing with totalmix, by creating some send effect paths.  I am having difficulty because it appears that all input channels are routed to the corresponding output channel.  I cant stop it.

Here is my scenario:

playback stereo 1/2 is routed to output 1/2 (monitors) and also to output 49/50, which is a reverb effect send.

the 49/50 travel out to some nice verb effects then find there way back into the madi card input on 57/58 with the magic of the adi648.

Now output 57/58 is another effect send, digidelay, and the input 57/58 appears to by default get routed out the same channel that it comes in on. My lovely piano with reverb on it then gets routed down this path.

Is all i have to do reduce the gain to -inf on the input channel 57/58 to stop it being sent back out to the second effect send? is it as easy as that?

totalmix with adat/madi is an octet nightmare smile

kind regards to all RME fans!
may all your recordings be in 192khz with the micstasy smile

Re: madi total mix help required - again

Hello,
This is not intended to be rude, but please peruse the manual a bit more.  The reason I say that is there are multiple ways of looking at the submix routing and answering your question will vary based on what view you're looking at.
Yes, all you do is turn it down.  But be sure you're looking at the right thing when you do it, and why is it up in the first place?  Maybe a Totalmix preset that turns them all up?  Or not?
Anyway, read through the manual (it's pretty short) and have a look, all the routing is pretty easy once you know what you're looking at.

Hugh

3 (edited by bmdaugherty 2009-03-16 18:46:25)

If all you desire is patching, you might try using the matrix view. Press X while in total mix (to bring up matrix view).  Then, you can just click on the routings you want and they will be set to unity gain.  To remove a routing, just click again.

thanks gentlemen, i have read the manual - again, and retained more than 3% this time.
I have familiarized myself with the matrix, which i think i prefer for its functionality , but not for its lifeless un- console like graphics
your help is much appreciated, all sends now work as they should.