Topic: USA Phone Support is CRAP

I have been trying to get an answer to my question which I posted as a thread on this forum a couple of days ago.  I have a client who needs my system to clock from his akai MPC, without any hassle.  I posted to the forum because it was the weekend.  Now that it is not the weekend anymore, and since nobody seems to be able to help me, I decided to call Synthax, the support group in the USA.  After calling them over an hour after they opened, nobody would answer.  I left several messages, and  was contacted several hours later by a woman who said that nobody was available at Synthax and to call Obedia... (whoever they are) So, being a legit customer, who has already registered my product with RME, I called them only for them to say that I have to register with Synthax just to ask Obedia a question about an RME product. I have talked to Jeff Petersen from synthax several times.  He was VERY helpful and professional.  However, when I tried to explain to Obedia that I had already registered with him, they cut me off and told me to go to the site and register my product.  I ALREADY DID THAT.  Now I am trying to register from another computer, but I cant get the serial number from my madi card right now because SOMEONE IS PAYING TO USE MY STUDIO.

I WANT SUPPORT RIGHT NOW.  THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE. I THOUGHT RME WAS A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY... Right now I feel like they don't even exist any more.

Re: USA Phone Support is CRAP

I think Jeff is on the NAB in Vegas (April 18th - 23th). Until the end of the show maybe the RME email support can help: support [at] rme-audio.de

best regards
Knut

Jeff is at NAB indeed. Obedia are there to help where they can. Not sure why they don't have your registration, though. Incidentally, I have a day off, but feel free to send mail, and I'll try to take a look at the issue later today. Please be as specific as possible.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Just sent you an email